English Language Teacher
April 2013 Cambridge CELTA, Language Link, Vietnam
2011-2015 Sheffield Hallam University, MA History: Imperialism and Culture
2003-2006 Liverpool John Moores University BA (hons) Economics
Current Location: Liverpool, England.
Date of Birth: 26th December 1982 Nationality: British
Graduate (B.A. Economics) and CELTA qualified teacher with five years of experience in General English, Business English, ESP and YL. A former member of the Moscow English Language Teacher Association and regular attendee at weekly British Council professional development seminars.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
Jan 2014 – Present
International Centre of Psychology and Linguistics (ICPL), Online EFL Teacher, Private Classes
I teach private online classes to groups and individuals using Skype, Zoom and Wiz-IQ.
- Wrote a needs-analysis of individual students and created tasks which targeted receptive and productive skills.
- Developed blended learning course to suit the needs of learners.
- Coached learners on best practices for self-study.
July 2015- October 2015 & EFL Teacher, Liverpool School of English,
Summer 2013 Liverpool, UK
- Used materials from Move, Straightforward, and English File and employed a variety of methods and lesson structures.
- Developed and implemented integrated skills lessons.
- Attended in-house professional development seminars.
September 2014- June 2015 Class Teacher, English Playschool, Moscow, Russia
- Developed literacy skills through synthetic phonics and graded reading and writing programmes.
- Planned and delivered interactive lessons across all subjects of the British National Curriculum for Key Stage 1.
- Designed and taught a curriculum for an afterschool grammar club for children aged 8 to 11 years old.
August 2013- August 2014 EFL Teacher, Education First, Moscow, Russia
My role required me to deliver General English classes, Business English classes, discussion classes and English for Specific Purposes to groups of corporate clients.
- Used materials from American Headway, Cutting Edge, and English File and employed a variety of methods and lesson structures.
- Developed discussion class materials which were adopted by the corporate department.
March 2012- March 2013 EFL Teacher, KDLP Academy, Daegu, South Korea
I taught General English classes, content- based classes across different subjects, and exam preparation to kindergarten and elementary school students.
- Produced lesson plans and schemes of work.
- Expanded and developed the curriculum.
Aug 2010 – Nov 2011 EFL Teacher, Sung-a English Village, Changwon, South Korea
In this role I taught speaking, phonics, story book, textbook, conversation, reading, writing and grammar classes to students from age 3 to 13 years old in a kindergarten and elementary academy.
- Planned and prepared lessons including sourcing or creating relevant materials i.e. worksheets, flashcards, games, etc.
- Prepared and administrated tests.
- Assessed new students to determine their level.
- Wrote student reports and participated in staff meetings.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COURSES
Dec 2014 Cambridge English: Grammar for Teachers — Language Awareness
I took this online course with Cambridge English to improve my knowledge of English grammar and my ability to use it with confidence. The course focused on word classes, present and past tenses, future and perfect forms, and passive voice.
April 2014 MOOC: Linguistics 201 — The Structure of English
This course familiarized me with the main structural properties of PDE (Present-Day English) grammar. It started with a review of linguistic approaches to grammar and then discussed the central grammatical aspects of PDE sentence structure: syntactic categories and syntactic functions.
INTERESTS & HOBBIES
- Literature, Philosophy, Politics and Economics.
- I am a keen sportsman and participate in football on a regular basis.
- I have a keen interest in traveling and enjoy learning about other cultures.
- I also like to socialize and meet new people whether on a professional, academic, and/or friendly level.